Recently, I visited the Kellogg Library at CSU San Marcos. After visiting the campus for a class project, I fell in love with the library and visit when I have a chance on the weekends. One of the areas that got my attention was on the 2nd floor media library. This was to accommodate patrons who wanted to view and/or listen to tapes, videos, CDs. etc. One resource that got my attention were the rooms/cubbies that were for those users who had hearing and visually challenged. There were large screens and some had closed captioning while others were hooked up to headphones so people sitting nearby would not be disturbed. Fortunately, this was a place where everyone, whether they had challenges or not, could sit in the same area to look and listen to media materials.
I've been to many libraries over the years, but this was the first one where I actually noticed that there was just one large screen or a computer with headphones away from other desks used by patrons. That, in my opinion, is progress in library technology and service
No comments:
Post a Comment