Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Escondido Public Library

I don't often go to my local library because I have been using my Kindle Fire for the past year, but when I went in to my local Escondido Public Library I was happy to see that it was busy and well used. They have also expanded and updated since I was last there.
I wanted to find out what kind of adaptive/assistive technology that the Escondido Library provided and I thought I would try their website and see if it was listed. I searched  the tabs I thought the information would be under but didn't see what I needed. Luckily, there was a chat option :) I love live chats they are generally so helpful when they are in service, my chat partner checked with the Escondido Library but wasn't able to find anyone online so she did her own search of the website and found the information. I was able to see that the library has a Home Borrower Program for those who are confined to their homes of convalescent facility. The library also has Talking Books and Braille Services and a computer for the visually impaired that has a large screen and magnification abilities.

 http://www.muskegoncc.edu/Images/specialpop.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment